The start of the semester is just over a month away.
Download the pre-arrival guide with all the information you need to plan your journey to the UK.
Five things you need to do
- Apply for a visa. You will need a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number in order to apply.
- Book your accommodation. We have a range of great accommodation options to choose from. Visit the Accommodation page for more information.
- Book your flights. Gatwick Airport is the closest airport to the ISC. You should arrive ready for the first day of term.
- Complete the pre-arrival form. We will email you a link to the online form one month before the start of your course.
- Get insurance. You need to have personal insurance when studying in the UK. Visit our Student insurance page for more information.
What to pack
You can buy everything you need in one of the shops on campus, or in the nearby city of Brighton. The ISC has a relaxed atmosphere, so you can bring your comfortable clothes with you. Items such as clothes, books, travel adaptors and electrical items can be packed in your suitcase.
Important items need to be packed in your hand luggage:
- Your passport and visa
- UKVI decision letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- Your offer letter
- IELTS certificate or other original Secure English Language Test result
- Evidence of funding for your tuition fees and living costs, including sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- Accommodation documents, including your signed tenancy agreement
- Four passport-sized photographs
- Insurance documents
- Medical certificates (including vaccination records)
- Essential toiletries and medications (check with your airline which items you can take on the flight with you)
- If you are under the age of 18, a copy of your UK guardian's details
- Enough money to live on in the first few weeks.
Make friends before you arrive
You can make friends before you arrive by getting involved with our student community on Facebook at facebook.com/iscsussex.