Inspiring campus life
The spacious campus is the perfect place to live, study and try new things
Discover many comfortable spaces where you can relax with friends
Get involved with a range of fun student clubs, sports and activities
Everything you need
If you don’t like leaving the campus, at Sussex you won’t have to. You’ll find everything you need to live and study comfortably here, from modern classrooms and labs to cozy coffee shops, bars and restaurants. There’s also a supermarket, launderette, bank, bookshop, dentist, pharmacy, health centre and a whole range of sports and fitness facilities.
Sussex is continually investing in state-of-the-art facilities and teaching spaces on campus, where you can have the freedom to think creatively and make your mark in your chosen subject.
- Research centres include the Genome Damage and Stability Centre, the Sussex Centre for Migration Research and the Sackler Centre for Consciousness Science
- The Keep, a short walk from the Sussex campus, is a new historical resource centre, home to the Mass Observation Archive and Special Collections
- The newly renovated Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts offers a modern, flexible environment for exhibitions, performance, teaching and research. The Centre has a state-of-theart flexible auditorium with 350 seats, gallery and display areas, rehearsal studios, breakout spaces and a new café
- The £30 million Jubilee Building features a 500-seat lecture theatre, seminar rooms, cluster rooms, social spaces and a café
- The £10 million Fulton building offers two 160-seat lecture theatres, modern teaching spaces, as well as a flexible social and meeting space.
The Students’ Union arranges student events and activities throughout the year. Choose from comedy and quizzes to gigs, live music and student-led DJ nights.
We have great-tasting food at Sussex. You can start your day with delicious coffee or chai tea latte at the Arts Piazza. Later on, head over to the Jubilee café or the Library café for a nutritious lunch. Eat Central serves food from around the world, making it the ideal dinner choice. If you’re looking for tasty vegetarian food, of course we have that too, at the Dhaba café.
Clubs and societies
Joining a society is a great way to make friends. At Sussex we have over 200 societies, 30 sports clubs and hundreds of volunteering opportunities. From filmmaking, video gaming and break-dancing to Ultimate Frisbee and Quidditch, this is your chance to try something completely new.
Sports and fitness
Sussexsport provides a wide-ranging sports programme. You can play tennis, squash and badminton or drop-in for a yoga, dance, pilates, trapeze, circuit training or an aerobics class. Facilities include two sports halls, fitness rooms, dance studio, squash courts, tennis courts and soccer, rugby and cricket pitches.