Find everything you need
You’ll find everything you need to live and study on the University of Sussex campus. From inspiring lectures in our modern classrooms and labs to unwinding in cosy coffee shops, bars and restaurants. There’s also a supermarket, launderette, bank, bookshop, dentist, pharmacy, health centre and a whole range of sports and fitness facilities.
The University of Sussex is continually investing in state-of-the-art facilities and teaching spaces on campus, where you can have the freedom to think creatively and make your mark in your chosen subject.
- Ground-breaking research centres – including the Genome Damage and Stability Centre, the Sussex Centre for Migration Research and the Sackler Centre for Consciousness Science
- Historical resource centre – The Keep is just a short walk from the Sussex campus and is home to the Mass Observation Archive and Special Collections
- State-of-the-art exhibition centre – the Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts offers exhibitions, performance, teaching and research. The Centre has a state-of-the-art flexible auditorium with 350 seats, gallery and display areas, rehearsal studios, breakout spaces and a new café
- University of Sussex Business School – the Jubilee Building features a 500-seat lecture theatre, seminar rooms, cluster rooms, social spaces and a café
- Student Centre – the brand new Student Centre is designed to be the go-to place for students to get face-to-face information, advice and guidance. It has flexible spaces for students to meet and collaborate and a sensory garden to relax in and enjoy.
The Students’ Union arranges student events and activities throughout the year. Choose from comedy and quizzes to live music and student-led DJ nights. Check out our blog page for more information on the latest events.
You can enjoy great-tasting food without having to leave the campus. Start your day with coffee and a pastry at the Arts Piazza. Later on, head over to the Jubilee café or the Library café for a nutritious lunch in between classes. Eat Central serves food from around the world, making it the ideal dinner choice for those looking for an international experience. You can also find tasty vegetarian food all over campus – including a specialist vegetarian café, Dhaba.
Clubs and societies
Joining a society is a great way to make friends. Sussex has more than 200 societies, 30 sports clubs and hundreds of volunteering opportunities. From filmmaking, video gaming and break-dancing to Ultimate Frisbee and Quidditch, this is your chance to try something completely new.
Sports and fitness
There are lots of options for sports and recreation activities through the University's sports programme: Sussexsport. You can play tennis, squash and badminton or drop-in for a yoga, dance, pilates, trapeze, circuit training or an aerobics class. Facilities include two sports halls, fitness rooms, dance studio, squash courts, tennis courts and soccer, rugby and cricket pitches.
“There is always something happening on campus – I enjoy watching movies with my friends or going to the beach.”
Martina from Kenya
International Year One in Media and Communications
More student stories