International entry requirements
Discover what entry requirements you need to join us at the International Study Centre
What are entry requirements?
If you want to study an academic course at the International Study Centre, you will need to meet certain conditions, called entry requirements. Entry requirements typically include a mixture of:
- English language – these requirements are expressed as Academic IELTS for UKVI* scores. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test that measures language proficiency.
- Academic qualifications – these requirements are shown by country, so that you can easily see the grades, exams or experience you'll need to have.
- Minimum age – these requirements show the age you need to be
- Nationality – currently our courses are only available to international students (students who are not from the UK or from the EU).
* If you do not need a Student visa, or are exempted in another way, we can accept equivalent proof of English.
When applying, please advise us if you have previously studied at the University of Sussex.
Entry requirements for your course
Choose the course you want to study at the International Study Centre to check the entry requirements:
- International Foundation Year entry requirements
- International Year One entry requirements
- Pre-Masters Programme entry requirements
Help and advice
Do you have any questions? If you're not sure whether you meet the entry requirements for the course you want to study at the International Study Centre, please contact us and one of our friendly student advisors will get in touch with you.