Join us in November 2023 by participating in our 3-week Enhanced Induction programme, designed to help you settle into your new home in the UK before commencing your main pathway programme in January 2024.
Get a head start on your studies with extra support, learn more about life in the UK and develop your English Language skills, in addition to expert guidance from the International Study Centre; all offered to you at no additional cost.
The Enhanced Induction focuses on three key areas that will help you succeed on your academic programme: language, life and learning skills.
Why study the Enhanced Induction?
You’ll benefit from 15-hours per week of face-to-face classes, allowing you to:
- Practice your English language skills by interacting with your fellow students.
- Build new friendships and get to know key Centre staff, helping you adjust to life living and studying in the UK.
- Get to know the wide range of support and guidance available to you, designed to help you succeed in your learning goals.
- Additional tuition on digital skills, managing your money, practical tips on finding the right study and life balance, and an introduction to assessments in UK higher education.
- Enjoy additional time to adapt to and enjoy UK life and culture, helping you settle in before you begin your academic programme in January 2024.
It’s the perfect way to get a head start and be better prepared for your chosen programme and future success.
What can I expect from the additional three weeks?
Some of the benefits from studying the Enhanced Induction include:
- A varied and engaging timetable, designed to help you make the most of your student experience.
- Work with your fellow students in group activities and projects, with opportunities to present suggestions and feedback.
- The chance to represent your International Study Centre while supporting other students.
- Become a student ambassador and let your voice be heard.
- Explore the university’s facilities and local area through campus tours.
Are there any additional cost or fees?
There are no additional tuition fees to pay. Starting in November 2023 incurs the same tuition fee as if you were starting in January 2024.
However, there will be additional costs to consider, as expected with being in the UK for a longer period (accommodation). If you request accommodation on your application form, our Central Student Support Team will contact you directly in October regarding the options available.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the Enhanced Induction in November 2023, please visit our application support page.
This course is available for students progressing to International Foundation Year, International Year One and Pre-Masters Programme starting in January.
Joining us soon?
Learn more about starting your academic programme and joining us on campus.Find out more
How to apply
Ready to apply? Discover how to submit an application and learn more about fees, semster dates and entry requirements.
University of Sussex International Study Centre
Develop skills to change the world at the University of Sussex International Study Centre. Improve your English, develop your academic skills, and grow the confidence you need to succeed in your degree.
English language courses
Improve your English skills with one of our Online English language courses designed to support international students studying a pathway programme at the International Study Centre.
Join us today
Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to answer any questions you may have and help you with your application. We can't wait to meet you!